Saturday, March 28, 2009

8th International Church Art Competition

I just spent way too much time on the computer looking at some great artwork found on this site HERE.
I set a goal to enter this competition and started working on a piece for it. But with a few challenges that surfaced around that time I wasn't able to finish the piece how I liked and I was running out of time. So I entered this piece at the last minute just to fulfill my goal.

I took a photo that I used for this painting at a General Conference nearly 9 years ago. My dad was reading his scriptures while he waited in line for the General Priesthood meeting. There must have been a church photographer who took the exact same photo right before or after me because I later found the same photo in the Liahona magazine in the conference issue. Anyways I thought it was a great photo to paint but as I expected it didn't make the cut but at least I entered and I'm hoping and planning that next time I can devote more time on a better piece.

Here is another watercolor painting that I did around the same time from a photo I took at the Utah Heritage Park in SLC.

No comments:

Post a Comment